Has your child always had an interest in computers? Do they enjoy messing with their devices or do they tend to solve technological issues before you even realise what’s wrong? Bless this generation; they grasp everything so quickly! Coding is typically a source of considerable fun for many children who are interested in computers. Coding is the “code” that underpins every programme, icon, and interface on our gadgets. It is also known as computer programming. Coding is the process of designing and developing a programme to do a specific task.
Coding is not only fun for techie kids to learn, but it will eventually be a highly sought-after skill for a future job. As our world becomes more reliant on technology, computer programming abilities will become increasingly important. Over one million coding job vacancies are expected to become available by 2020.
There are, however, additional reasons to encourage your computer whiz kid to learn to code. Coding is a wonderful STEM elective for homeschoolers because it teaches your children to think logically. Programming allows children to approach all things analytically and problem-solving. It promotes a detail-oriented mindset, which will continue over into how they handle life and other academic courses.
5 Ways Coding Improves Critical Thinking
Coding is an excellent way to develop critical thinking skills. Approaching an issue or circumstance analytically and breaking it down into different components for more efficient problem-solving is what critical thinking entails. Critical thinking also entails being able to articulate yourself effectively and being psychologically flexible. Computer programming encourages children to think of new solutions, which naturally stretches the mind’s flexibility. Every situation in coding is unique, which is why it is useful for testing the intellect as well as our approach to issues and solutions.
There are numerous advantages to enrolling your techie youngster in a computer programming school. Here are five excellent ways that coding can enable your youngster to think logically.
- Coding teaches that mistakes are not synonymous with failure. Coding is one of those activities in which mistakes and second, third, or fourth attempts are commonplace. They are, in fact, to be expected. As a result, coding teaches you to be patient with yourself, not to be afraid of making mistakes, not to associate mistakes with failure, and, lastly, that practice makes perfect.
- Coding teaches problem-solving creativity. Multiple efforts at resolving an issue are typical, and it teaches children to try several ways until a solution is found. “Coding teaches you how to think,” said Steve Jobs.
- The process of coding is similar to that of critical thinking. The use of the same method is one of the most important ways programming enhances critical thinking. Coders must attempt, fail, and try again until they find a solution. Students will master the same patterns and procedures of critical thinking simply by learning to code.
- Literacy is supplemented with coding. It is, in fact, a language, and one of the most accurate languages in the world. Programming is the process of converting instructions into a language that a computer can use to complete a certain task.
- Coding teaches that there are multiple correct answers. It’s not always black and white in life. Coding encourages pupils to keep in mind that there may be another way to get the desired result. This viewpoint might readily spread to other subjects and even connections with other individuals in order to foster a more welcoming and open attitude. Finally, coding helps kids gain a better understanding of how technology works, which is vital because it touches almost everything in our everyday lives.
5 Educational Coding Resources for Children
Where do you begin now that you’ve been persuaded of the advantages of computer programming? Fortunately, there are numerous internet resources for youngsters! Some of them are provided for free or at a modest cost, while others need monetary reimbursement. Similarly, some are better suited to novices, while others will assist more intermediate learners in delving deeper into the subject and honing their abilities for future learning. Here are five excellent choices to get you started!
- Code Wizards HQ.
To find out more about Coding, feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Or WhatsApp us at +65-8351-8517